Madison has a goal for all our students to graduate with the skills and abilities to be successful in college, career and community. This goal was developed with feedback from more than 2500 students, teachers and community members. You can see these skills above in what we call the MMSD Graduate Vision. Teachers support student development of Graduate Vision skills as part of the Academic and Career Planning process. MMSD is currently implementing Academic and Career Planning (ACP) in grades 6-12.
Through Academic and Career Planning students are beginning to answer these questions:
- Who am I?
- Where am I going?
- How will I get there?
- Who are we together?
As part of Academic and Career Planning, students will explore educational and career opportunities, reflect on growth, and develop high school and post-high school plans.
Each student will maintain an e-portfolio to hold evidence of their exploration, growth, and next steps. This portfolio is housed within Xello, a post-secondary planning website. At the end of 8th, 10th, and 12th grade, students will complete a Portfolio Presentation by sharing key items from this portfolio to tell their story of growth, readiness, and next steps with an adult.
At Memorial, students are on their path to being College, Career, and Community Ready!
Check out what we are doing to get there in our 3CR Newsletter...
What's happening this Fall?
- Counselors are working with seniors on their "Post High School Action Plans"
- Student Services is working with 9th grade science teachers to share our "HS 101" presentation with Freshmen.
- Memorial's 3CR team is preparing for Junior Conferencing.
For Important dates and events, see our Student Service Newletter
How do I support my student’s College, Career and Community Readiness?
- See an overview of learning supports students will receive throughout their 6-12 journey, by clicking here.
- Access your student's Xello e-portfolio, learn how by click here.
- Understand the different components of your student's Xello e-portfolio, by clicking here.
- Help your student use Xello to conduct post-high school and career research, by clicking here.
- Use College Board Family Checklists to support your student's future planning. Find out more by clicking here.
How do I learn more?
Contact our ACP Coordinator!
Len Mormino: email@example.com