2017 Wisconsin Act 11 - Effective June 23, 2017,
- 16 and 17 year olds do NOT have to obtain a work permit prior to beginning work.
- The law makes no changes to the requirements for minors younger than 16. Minors younger than 16 will need to obtain a work permit prior to beginning work.
MMSD Schools are Closed at this time and students will need to obtain a work permit from one of the following offices. (We suggest that you call ahead to check on office hours.):
1501 Williamson Street
Briarpatch Youth Services
2720 Rimrock Road
ALCS Abundant Life School
4901 E Buckeye Road
Please note that students will need to bring the following items:
- An ID issued by the state (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, driver’s license, state ID or previous child labor permit),
- A letter from the employer saying he/she have hired you and lists the nature of the business, your job duties, hours of work, and time of day you will work.
- A letter from parent/guardian giving student permission to accept the job (this may be a parent note or signature on the employer’s letter),
- A Social Security card, or verification of number with insurance or tax form and